There is a major vulnerability or exploit that exists on the web hosting services BlogSpot. Now the same or nearly similar issue that BlogSpot never shut down appears on the AngelFire hosting service. Neither of them admit to having an issue. Spammers are abusing their domain subdomain structure and using it to send out virus and phishing links. I honestly thought that the days of AngelFire hosting were pre-2000′s, like mid to late ’90′s was the last of that service.
Nothing professional back in the ’90′s about them, and certainly as an unchecked hosting service for malware, phishing, spam, and virus distribution, they are more of a joke and hazard to your surfing health than anything else.
While WordPress has it’s own issues, I still feel that among all blogging platforms, it can be the safer option. At least you may receive some traffic and not hate and discontent when people assume that you are running another malware distribution domain on blogspot or AngelFire.
The point of today’s little spam watch session is just to warn you about the new AngelFire push. Looks like BlogSpot has sealed a few holes in their service, but they still need to have one eye open before visiting their site(s). Most of these sites such as blogspot and angelfire are being classified in my mind as spam-ware sites.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Angel Fire Resort a hot attraction (denverpost.com)
- BlogSpot Introduced Comment Spam Filtering (shoutmeloud.com)
- Domain Names Are Unique – Cheap Dedicated Web Hosting – Web Hosting (becomewebhost.com)
- Recaptcha Plugin- Fighting Spam comments & Spam Bot Registration (shoutmeloud.com)
- How to Start a Free Blog using BlogSpot.com (shoutmeloud.com)
- WordPress Blog Spam Solution That Works (growmap.com)