I get invites to be part of people’s LinkedIn all the time it seems lately. It’s almost as bad as how when MySpace was a valid social network, people would bug you to be friends with them. Almost as bad as how Facebook is. How bad Google+ will become if they don’t watch out or let loose a free to post api before they are ready.
Today, I saw an actual invite in my email that had me checking to approve. I looked up and saw a ton that I haven’t bothered to approve! So I went through each one, approving most except the obvious spammers. Like I said it’s like a good way to bug the shite out of people.
Not that there is anything wrong with Shite the religion, but rather shite the nice way of adding an “e” to not just write a word more commonly referred to as excrement. Seriously though….
LinkedIn is starting (has been for quite some time actually, just getting around to writing something!) to become just another social network. Speaking of which, I find most of them are pretty bloated places. Wondering why Facebook and Google+ didn’t learn from the mistakes of MySpace, Friendster, Hi5, Bebo, etc… etc… The beat goes on.
- Workfeeds Looks Like “LinkedIn If It Launched Now”, Enables Thousands Of Vertical Professional Networks (techcrunch.com)
- Creating Links on LinkedIn (community.constantcontact.com)
- Get it now: LinkedIn & Lovin’ It! (freelanceswitch.com)
- 5 Reasons for Freelancers to Use LinkedIn (freelanceswitch.com)
- LinkedIn: One Year Later (nadiacvanderhall.wordpress.com)