While you are out doing the surf thing this weekend, if you see a banner ad that makes you click, ask yourself why did you click that ad! As we all know, advertising is the money maker online.
Basically: Two ways to make money online – you run ads, you convert the results of those ads to sales – OR – you have a product (software as a service (SaaS) seems to be quite popular!) – OR – (third bastard child way) a kind of marriage of those two are apps. You know how to write one that everyone wants to buy or fund you to make more or hire you to make their app.
Still, I’d like to know what makes you click that banner ad. What is it in particular that turned you on to click that ad. If you’d like to leave some feedback on why that ad server that sent you that ad mattered, that would be great. Feedback is the comments area of this blog post of course.
- Taking the Time to Design: The Importance of Optimized and Data-Driven Banner Ad Design (isocket.com)
- The Best Performing Banner In A Poorly Performing Class (adpulp.com)
- How to Make a More Effective Banners (naldzgraphics.net)
- Google +1 Buttons: Coming Soon to Display Ads (mashable.com)
- Google: Click-Through Rates Fell in 2010 [STUDY] (mashable.com)