Yes, while I’m writing this about ~2 weeks in advance of it posting online, Google+ is turning into nothing but a cesspool of marketers and spammers. Too bad, as many of us had so much hope for G+ as the next social network that made sense. Of course those of us who are as cynical as I can be, realized that once they opened up access, so would the carpet baggers, hanger ons, and the scum of the internet would join. It’s come to pass, and even though I write this about ~2 weeks in advance, doubtful much will change by the time this post goes live.
While G+ goes down the drain in massive fashion, that still won’t prevent Google+ from going into a giant social space. Will it be used once the spammers flood the streams? That’s hard to say. Currently, Ignore All has become my favorite new addition to G+. Most of the crackpots that are joining, I wouldn’t want to see their streams on G+ or any other social network.
Here is to hoping that I’m totally wrong this time. Doubtful since I’m sure by the time this posts live, we’ll all still have spam in our inbox, as well as see spamvertised links elsewhere.
- The Future of Your SEO Career (seobook.com)
- Conquer Link Directory Best Practices for SEO (mt-soft.com.ar)
- Is LinkedIn really that good or how to bug the shite out of me (rexduffdixon.com)
- more stuff to love on google+ (toomanytribbles.blogspot.com)
- Turns Out There Might Be Some Girls Using Google+ After All [Google+] (gizmodo.com)